I really don’t like a lot of Arugula, and I do prefer this recipe with the substitution. But this combination of flavors is really tasty.
- 1 lb. baby arugula (may substitute small spinach leaves, plus ¼ cup water cress for bite)
- 2 tablespoons fresh fennel leaves, finely chopped
- 2 chive blossoms, separated
- 4 oz shaved Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 tablespoons hazelnut oil
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
Mix arugula, chive blossoms and fennel in large bowl. Add ½ Parmesan cheese. Toss lightly, so as not to bruise leaves. Mix dressing and pour over greens. Top with remaining Parmesan cheese.
by Sandra Merrill